Welcome to MLEV
MLEV is a statewide, non-partisan organization dedicated to making environmental protection a top priority for Massachusetts elected officials, candidates and voters in order to better protect our environment and health.
The Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters is the state affiliate of the League of Conservation Voters.
We hold legislators accountable for their votes on environmental issues. The political process is essential to protecting our environment and health. Who we choose to represent us in an elected position can make all the difference for the health of our environment. That’s why MLEV works to elect leaders who will protect natural environments, our health, open spaces, and quality of life.
We work to educate voters about the importance of environmental issues, so they can make their voices heard with legislators. We educate voters on the environmental actions so they may advocate effectively their legislators and make informed decisions when it comes time to vote. Additionally, we educate about the candidates that we have endorsed. MLEV offers volunteer opportunities to meet and to assist legislators and endorsed candidates for office. Join in the endeavors of the MA League of Environmental Voters for a greener Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Gubernatorial Forum
Energy, the Environment & the Innovation Economy
$14 for ’14- Candidates Corner
$14 for ’14 is our campaign to target fourteen legislative races to elect candidates who possess the kind of environmental ethic that you do. We are proud to announce the $14 for ’14 candidates for the Massachusetts state legislature.
Each of the candidates selected has demonstrated a commitment to protecting our environment and public health. The list includes both incumbents and candidates for open seats in the House and Senate. These candidates were judged to be in competitive campaigns where MLEV could help make a difference.
We urge all of our 4,000 supporters to vote, volunteer and contribute to these outstanding candidates in the final days of their campaigns. The candidates are:
- Michael Barrett, for reelection, 3rd Middlesex Senate District
- Ann Gobi, the open seat, Worcester, Hampden, Hampshire, Middlesex Sen. District
- Barbara L’Italien, the open seat, Second Essex and Middlesex Senate District
- Eric Lesser, the open seat, 1st Hampden and Hampshire Senate District
- Jason Lewis, for reelection, 5th Middlesex Senate District
- Dan Wolf, for reelection, Cape & Islands Senate District
- Denise Andrews, for reelection, 2nd Franklin District
- Carolyn Dykema, for reelection, 8th Middlesex District
- Ann-Margaret Ferrante, for reelection, 5th Essex District
- Sean Garballey, for reelection, 23rd Middlesex District
- Kate Hogan, for reelection, 3rd Middlesex District
- Steve Kulik, for reelection, 1st Franklin District
- Frank Smizik, for reelection, 15th Norfolk District
- Angelo Puppolo, for reelection, 12th Hampden District